I just browsed through other people's blogs and I've realized that mine is laaaaammme. Not the content (oh, never the content), just the overall design. Funny thing is, I'm taking Computer Engineering in uni and I don't even want to bother to find out how to improve this thing. Why, you ask? Why study a field that you're obviously not active in??
Well, where to start? I love computers, don't get me wrong. But the time it will take for one page to load as I add pics and flashy transitions will be a millenium. Oh, yes, I;m exaggerating. But sometimes the internet feels that slow. While other people are considering whether or not to buy Internet TVs, in my country, watching a clip in YouTube is a problem.
But hey, I digress. The main point of me writing this entry is because yesterday I was watching Ghajini. This Indian movie starring Aamir Khan. Those who know me, know that I'm a sucker for Indian movies. The sappy romantic kind. Not Bollywood 2.0, trying to be Hollywood when they're fine just the way they are (although I'm not complaining about the improved sound effects).
So, Ghajini is all about this one guy who suffers from a rare form of amnesia that causes the person to forget everything after 15 minutes. yet he's still out for revenge. Some guy killed his girlfriend blah blah blah...what I loved most about this movie wasn't the action or the romance. It was Aamir's body. I mean, damn. What is it about Indian superstars and looking better as they age? In this generation, the 40-somethings are the hottest. There has to be something wrong with that.
Bollywood is really trying to be original, and I applaud them for that. I was getting sick of seeing remakes so now I only watch the movies that made lots of money in the boxoffice. There was a time I wasn't choosy, but there came a time when I watched a Hollywood movie, then watched its Indian version, then its Nigerian version and finally its Tanzanian version. And it hit me. Wait a minute. I might die in 2012, so why am I wasting time doing the same thing over and over again?
I hope Guzaarish will not be some Hollywood movie's shadow. Guzaarish is this Indian movie I'm looking forward to watching coz it has the god of All Beings Handsome and Unreal, Hrithik Roshan. Obviously he won't be super buff or anything (he'll be playing a paraplegic) but he'll still be in it. Aishwarya Rai is also going to be in it. And the story seems nice...I'm willing to pay my money to actually go and see it.
if you're wondering how my search for the perfect series is going, its at a standstill. Why? Because Indians are back in my life, and for the moment, they're giving me everything I need.
So till next time, tata...
No comments:
Post a Comment