If you read my first entry you probably thought I was a bitter freak. Maybe a little suicidal (I mean, I didn't even have the decency to use the Spellcheck). Seriously, I have not hacked into this blog. I am just in another phase. True, I still think relationships are bullshit. The difference is, I no longer think that's tragic. Growing up reading Cinderella was probably the reason I ended up ranting in disappointment. Now I think, hey, only TV life is perfect. So we take the bull and deal with it.
I am currently in the search for a TV show to fill my lonely days and nights (lonely by choice, do NOT feel sorry for me). I loove Modern Family, but waiting for episode after episode is just not my thing. I'd rather wait till the whole batch of Season 2 episodes are downloaded and then indulge. I love pleasure is large doses, not just snippets of it. So that when I start laughing, I really laugh. That's why I was stuck on Friends for about 2 years. I mean, literally, stuck. I knew Rachel's lines by heart, I knew which episodes Monica and Chandler would fight. I had 10 seasons, roughly 230 episodes. The laughfest went on and on and on...those were the days.
After Friends, nothing is that good. Maybe House. Yeah, I love that guy. Tortured soul, caustic wit, cruelty and all. And I love Dexter. And I love Supernatural (Dean and I were married in my head for about a week). I started this thing for True Blood, but I realized I didn't have the stomach for it. I wanted a replay of cute girl meets hot vampire and they live happily ever after. They gave me Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Scream meets A Cinderella Story. Maybe I'll start watching it again, but as of now, keep the fangs away from me. Though I hear it's getting better. Everytime I see a new hottie in the show, I think 'maybe I should've stuck with that', but otherwise the regret is minimal.
Notice a trend here? Messed-up men? You'd think I'd be into Glee or something, but no, I have to be into Dr. Gregory House (my heart just went pit-patter after writing his full name - yes, I need help. :D). I hear Mad Men is full of messed up men. Sounds like my cup of tea. Now, if only it was a medical thriller or an action series..I would definitely be more excited about it. Since it's a drama, I'm not hyped. I find dramas dull and predictable. I never liked One Tree Hill, I find Brothers & Sisters tedious, Grey's was great till I got sick of the never-ending love stories that made no sense.
So maybe I'll try Mad Men. It can't win all those Emmy's for nothing. And I just remembered I have a CSI Miami episode waiting for me on TV (say what you will but that show has so many gorgeous people it's making me wanna be murdered in Miami so my body can be touched by that hot, hot forensic dude). So till next time, tata...
No comments:
Post a Comment